National Celebrate Pro Bono Week has come to a close but not before hundreds of events were held across the country. Thank you to everyone who participated and dedicated countless hours to another successful celebration. We’ve gathered up a few celebration blog posts and want to share them with you:
- This year ProBono.net hosted over 9 Celebration guest blogs.
- The Taproot Foundation shared National Pro Bono Week Highlights from the Bay Area.
- The blog One Good Turn posted about the importance of honoring those who provide pro bono service year round in Alabama.
- Time Warner blogged about a pro bono celebration project partnering HBO and Time Warner employees with non-profits to help get pro bono projects off the ground.
- One Justice blogged about attorneys from Fenwick & West and Legal Aid of Napa Valley boarding a “Justice Bus” to assist immigrant youth apply for deferred action for childhood arrivals (a formal reprieve from deportation).
- The Lawyer’s Flack shared tips on taking part in Celebrate Pro Bono Week using media.
- Bread for the City recognized the importance of free legal services.
- The Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network highlighted how Governor Tom Corbett proclaimed last week Pro Bono Week in Pennsylvania.
- The Texas Bar shone a spotlight on Pro Bono Volunteer Beth Handschuh.
- The Limited Scope Practice blog discussed limited scope pro bono while highlighting the National Pro Bono Celebration.
- The Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy recognized their pro bono partners in honor of National Pro Bono Celebration Week.
We are certain there are many more interesting Celebrate Pro Bono blog posts we haven’t included here. Share your favorite (include the link) in the comments below.