The countdown is on! Less than 4 weeks until the 2017 Equal Justice Conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania! For those of you who are unfamiliar with EJC, it is co-sponsored by the ABA Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Service and National Legal Aid & Defender Association. EJC provides an opportunity for pro bono and legal services program staff, judges, corporate counsel, court administrators, private lawyers, paralegals, bar association leaders, and many others to come together to receive training and address current issues facing the public interest community. During this four day event EJC will offer:
- With over 85 workshops on topics ranging from current access to justice trends to innovative uses of technology to reach clients in rural and remote areas, there are sure to be multiple opportunities to improve your practice and strengthen your local efforts at improving the delivery of legal services to poor and low-income individuals in need of legal assistance. Multiple CLE opportunities will be available. (Speak with a representative during registration for more detailed information on CLE credit).
- In addition to the main conference workshops there are eight pre-conferences including those for law school pro bono professionals, new and experienced pro bono managers, new executive directors, and more.
- Use many of the ideas and models you will learn about to modify or enhance your own practice once you return from the conference.
- EJC 2017 will have over 800 attendees from across the country. EJC will surely prove to be an excellent opportunity to make connections and gain insight from colleagues in your field.
- EJC offers numerous networking opportunities where you can meet and collaborate with colleagues.
- Don’t miss The Equal Justice Conference Pittsburgh Host Committee Welcome Party on Thursday May 4! The party will feature live music from The Blues Devils followed by a DJ, “line dancing” instruction, and a drumming circle. Cap off the evening with a stop at the “Pittsburgh Cookie Table.”
An Opportunity to Get Plugged In
- Learn new techniques on how to optimize social media and technology to assist in reaching constituents, improving services, and working with volunteers.
- Know the hashtag. The hashtag for the 2017 Equal Justice Conference is #ejc17. Please use this hashtag on social media to stay connected!
We Hope to See You in Pittsburgh!
Have you attended EJC in the past? Share your favorite EJC experience below in the comments.